Saturday 8 January 2011

Mum's 80th Birthday

My sister called me and asked if I would make a card for Mum as she will be 80 in March.  I thought I would combine this with the Bearly-Mine Challenge #1 - A Sketch for the New Year.  This is the sketch of the layout required.  I have moved the flowers to the bottom and added the 80 to the top.  Also, into the Catch the Bug Challenge for embossing on the card.




I used a 8x8 craftworks white card blank and covered it in paper from Dovecraft's Back to Basic 12x12 stack.  I cut all the shapes including the 80 on my Cricut.  I decoupaged a stargazer lily, my sister had asked for lilies, and used Glossy Accents on flower.  The scalloped circle is embossed on my Cuttlebug.

I hope you like it.

xxx





http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.com/2011/01/challenge-1-sketch-for-new-year.html
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/search/label/challenge

9 comments:

  1. very pretty card! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....beautiful card or layout for scrapbook. And, congratulations to her on her 80th birthday...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, thanks so much for playing with Bugaboo! Joy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your mum is going to love that card its gorgeous. Thanks for joining us in our first Bearlymine Challenge, and good luck. With hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at BMD-Challenges.......

    Hugs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Love the yellows. Thanks for playing with us over at Bearly Mines!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT A STUNNING CARD, I ADORE YOUR CHOICE OF IMAGE ON THIS MAKE AND YOU HAVE WORKED SO WELL WITH THE SKETCH TOO

    WISHING YOU A LOVELY WEEK AND GOOD LUCK IN THE CHALLENGES, HUGS, SARAH-LOUISE

    DESIGNING FOR: CREATIVE CARD CREW, CRAFTY PURPLE FROG, KENNY K, BEARLY MINE DESIGNS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card, love the yellows. Bet she'll be over the moon with this. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, and take on the sketch, love the bright yellows, reminds me of the sun (if we ever see it again lol)Thanks for playing along with the first Bearly Mine Challenge
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

My Visitors